Chicken thighs on charcoal grill is a perfect dish when you have a party or gathering with your family and friends. You want your grilled chicken thighs to be crispy on the outside, yet tender and flavorful on the inside. Here, we will share our secret to a flavorful, easy chicken thighs on charcoal grill recipe.
The ingredients you need to make this grilled chicken thigh are:
- 2 pounds of skin on chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1/3 cup of packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
Here are the steps to cook chicken thighs on charcoal grill.
- In a bowl, mix together the lime juice, lemon juice, olive oil, soy sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Make sure you whisk them evenly.
- Next, trim fat from the chicken thighs as necessary. Put the chicken thighs in a big zip-top bag, then pour in the marinade. Seal the bag and massage the chicken thighs. This aims to make sure that the meat is perfectly coated with the marinade.
- Place the marinated chicken thighs in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. If you want to get the best taste, leave the meat in the refrigerator for 2 hours to 12 hours before you grill them. After that, get the chicken thighs out of the fridge and let them sit for around 15 minutes to 20 minutes while you heat the grill.
- For the charcoal grill, arrange pieces into 2-zone fire with briquettes underneath half of the grill grate.
- Grill the marinated chicken thighs for 2 minutes to 3 minutes per side until the skin turns golden brown. Be careful not to burn them.
- After that, move the chicken thighs to the warm side of the grill. Cook and cover the chicken thighs until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Wait for 5 minutes to 10 minutes before you serve the grilled chicken thighs.
Chicken skin is surely delicious. But it prevents flavors from reaching the chicken meat. So, place herbs, garlic, and spices under the chicken skin to generate more flavors. This will perfectly sear up the chicken skin. Are you interested in serving this recipe of chicken thighs on charcoal grill in your party?