Beignet recipe no yeast is a recommended recipe that you must practice at home. Everyone knows that beignet usually uses yeast to expand more. However, you can change the use of yeast to expand the size of the dough.
What Is Beignet?
Beignet is a French term for doughnuts. It means that it is French doughnuts. Nevertheless, the shape of this doughnut is square or round but it has no holes. Then, those are coated with powdered sugar. It traditionally requires yeast to expand the size of the dough before you fry it. You can try to apply the beignet recipe no yeast. This recipe is super easy that you can practice at home. You just take a baking powder to improve the dough. It makes the dough thicker-looking like a yeast dough.
Ingredients of Beignet Recipe No Yeast
There will be some ingredients that you should prepare before making the dough.
- 3 cups of all purposed flour
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder (yeast substitute)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- a pinch of nutmeg grated it
- a glass of water
- a cup of milk
- a big egg
- peanut oil or canola, (adjustable to your needs)
- powdered sugar
This recipe is suitable for 8 portions for servings. You can make this easy no yeast beignet recipe at home for snacking meals.
How to Make Beignet Recipe No Yeast
- Firstly, in a big bowl, mix all purposed flour, baking powder, sugar, nutmeg, and salt.
- Then, in a big glass, mix water, egg, and milk
- After that, pour the dry ingredients into the glass and stir it well.
- Prepare a big pan with 2 to 3 inches to fry the beignet dough
- Pour canola or peanut oil into the big pan and heat it 360 degrees
- Put a spoon to spoon of dough into the hot oil and fry it.
- Turn back two to three times until the beignet dough expands and turns golden brown for two to three minutes. When the beignet dough is cooked, it will float on the surface of the oil.
- Then, lift it from the oil and take it aside on the paper.
- You should coat it with powdered sugar when it is still hot
- Serve it soon.
This beignet recipe no yeast is suitable to make 24 pieces of the delicious beignet. You can adapt this recipe when you want to serve tasty meals for snacking time.