Qdoba pico de gallo is something you have to get when visiting the Mexican restaurant. The salsa is very delicious, and it goes well with almost everything in the menu, including with a bowl of tortilla chips or with nachos. If you think making salsa is hard with long process, well, it is actually not and making it is like taking a few minutes only. Therefore, you do not need any sorts of cooking when making one.
So, if you want to make your own pico de gallo at home and want it to taste exactly like the one from Qdoba, this is the recipe for you to follow. This recipe is very easy to try and everyone can make it in the kitchen whenever they want to serve Mexican food like burrito, nachos, or quesadillas.
- 1 1/4 cup fresh red tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- Start making Qdoba pico de gallo by preparing a large salad bowl. Mix together in the bowl: diced tomatoes, diced jalapeno, diced red onion, minced garlic and chopped cilantro. Mix well.
- Once done, pour lime juice, a bit of salt and freshly ground black pepper into the ingredient mixture.
- Stir and toss the pico de gallo mixture until they are all well-combined.
- Serve immediately with nacho, chips or anything you prefer.
To make sure the Qdoba pico de gallo nutrition is all there, you have to get the fresh ingredients, especially for the tomatoes and onions. The fresher those ingredients are, the better the salsa will be. Do not use canned tomatoes for this recipe as it will be too mushy and oily. It won’t taste as good, and the texture will be all wrong.
The pico de gallo can be made way in advanced, but make sure you store it in the fridge after that. However, this is the kind of fresh salsa, so if it is possible, toss and mix all the ingredients just before serving the dish. This recipe shows how easy it is to cook the fresh salsa in just minutes. Therefore, do not waste your fortune just to go back and forth to the restaurant and make your own Qdoba pico de gallo.