Annie’s vegan mac and cheese is probably one of the best boxed vegan mac and cheese products available in the market. You can make one box of warm, mac and cheese that has absolutely animal-related products at all in there. However, if you like to step it up a notch, make your boxed mac and cheese with a bit of twist, like this one below with additional peppers and jalapeno.
- 1 box Annie’s Cheddar-Flavored Vegan Mac and Cheese
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit (177 degree Celsius).
- Open the package of the boxed Annie’s vegan mac and cheese and prepare the mac and cheese according to the instruction on the back of the box. Make sure you follow the instruction correctly so that the mac and cheese is creamy and not mushy. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together vegan cream cheese and chopped red bell pepper. Stir until well-combined.
- Then, add in the prepared, cooked mac and cheese followed by sliced jalapeno pepper. Mix it all together until they are all well-combined. Set it aside.
- Prepare a non-stick, oven-safe baking dish. If it is non-stick, line the baking dish with cooking oil/ non-stick spray first.
- Pour the mac and cheese mix into the baking dish. Top it off with breadcrumbs. Then, place it inside the oven for 8 minutes until the top of the breadcrumbs is golden brown.
- Take it out of the oven.
In most of Annie’s vegan mac and cheese review, you have to serve it warm immediately. However, you can also let it rest for at least 10 minutes, so you won’t burn your tongue. If you do not want to cook it in the oven for too long, you can toast the breadcrumbs previously and sprinkle it over the mac and cheese just before it is done.
For you who are vegan but crave for boxed mac and cheese with twist, this is the perfect recipe to try. It tastes absolutely delicious, and everyone can basically make the recipe in just minutes. Therefore, do not worry that you stock like boxes of this product in your pantry because you won’t get tired of the flavor, and you can add any twist to the Annie’s vegan mac and cheese.