Popeye’s blackened chicken tenders are truly delicious and actually you can make them on your own at home. The dish is cooked chicken slices coated in Cajun spices, and they are not breaded at all so you get that delicious crust from the spice mixture. This is how you make it on your own at home.
- 2 lbs. chicken breast tenderloin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili power
- Start making the Popeye’s blackened chicken tenders by preheating your oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit/ 177 degree Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Make the seasoning mix. Into a bowl, add mix together smoked paprika powder, sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder. Whisk until they are all well-combined.
- Cut the chicken tender according to the preferred size. Prepare a large zip lock bag. Place the chicken cut inside the bag and then pour in the seasoning mix. Seal the bag and then shake the bag until all the chicken cuts are coated with the seasoning mix. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare a skillet. Make sure it is a non-stick skillet. Then, drizzle vegetable oil and the heat it up over medium-high heat until the oil is sizzling.
- Then, take out the chicken cut out of the zip lock bag and then sear both sides of the chicken on the skillet for about 3-4 minutes each side.
- Once done, transfer the skillet into the preheated oven and cook for another 10 minutes until done.
- Popeye’s chicken tenders are ready to serve.
If you do not have time to prepare all the spice mixture, you can replace them with Cajun seasoning. They will taste the same. It will be better to let the chicken marinated for a while before you put it into the skillet. The taste of meat will be more flavorful, and the chicken is going to be tenderer for sure.
The recipe is very easy. It can be done by everyone in the kitchen in no time at all. Do not waste your time to come to Popeye’s at all-time just to get this dish because now you know exactly that making the dish is so fast and easy. Popeye’s blackened chicken tenders can be enjoyed anytime now.