The perfectly grilled bratwurst on pellet grill is the most delicious way to cook and eat brats. Bratwurst can be cooked and served in so many ways, but grilled bratwurst is the easiest way. Here is one of the most famous delicious recipes for enjoying grilled brats.
The Beer-Braised Onions Ingredients:
- 1 can of beer
- 5 large yellow onions
- 4 tbsp salted butter
The Pellet Grilled Brats Ingredients:
- Olive oil or canola oil
- 12 bratwurst
- Spread the olive oil or canola oil on the skin of bratwurst before grilling it. This coating oil will keep it away from sticking to the pellet grill and from drying out from the heat. Therefore, your brats do not split open during the grilling. Keep in mind to not poke some holes in your brats as it will make them lose their juices and flavor.
- Put the pellets in the hopper then set the temperature to 225 F (the perfect temperature to cook your brats), and let it start.
- Once your pellet grill is ready, put the bratwurst on the grill but avoid the direct heat. You can try to put a water pan under your bratwurst to make the cooking grill more moisturized.
- After 1.5 to 2 hours, remove the brats from the pellet grill. With this duration of grilling, your brats will reach the best temperature. However, if you want to have a crispier texture, you can put them on a hot grill for a couple of minutes and put them out quickly before they get overcooked.
- Set your bratwurst on pellet grill aside as you prepare the delicious beer-braised onions.
- Next, you can start to prepare the beer-braised onions by slicing the yellow onions and put them into the pan.
- Pour the beer until all the onions are covered and stir the onions for about 20 to 30 minutes until all the beer liquid is fully absorbed into the onions.
- Add the salted butter and stir it for about 45 to 60 minutes until the onions are golden brown.
- Voila! Your grilled bratwurst with beer-braised onions is ready to be served.
Well, this is one of many delicious recipes to cook brats. You can always serve the brats with other favorite condiments since bratwurst on pellet grill can be served in many different delicious ways.