Dr. Sebi is a famous herbalist who believes in the great healing benefits of sea moss, and Dr. Sebi sea moss drink recipe is one of his famous recipes. Do you know what sea moss (or commonly known as Irish sea moss) is? Sea moss is a healthy superfood that has so many benefits. It is rich in antioxidants, minerals, vitamins A & C, omega 3, and amino acids. In short, this ingredient contains a lot of good things for our bodies. This is an easy way to make a creamy vegan sea moss drink as the vegan version of a popular Jamaican drink.
- Soy milk or almond milk (non-dairy milk)
- Nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla. Or you can substitute them with any milder spices such as cardamom.
- Spring Water
- Sea moss
- Pitted Dates
- Ground flaxseeds
- First thing on Dr. Sebi sea moss drink recipe is you need to make a sea moss gel. Put the dried raw sea moss into a bowl and add spring water. This step is needed to do at least 2 to 5 times to perfectly clean any dirt on the sea moss. Before repeating this step for one last time, be sure to drain the sea moss first. Moreover, keep in mind that you can’t use the tap water to clean it.
- Soak the clean sea moss in a bowl of spring water, and leave it at room temperature for 15 minutes or overnight.
- When your sea moss is done soaking, its size will be bigger than before since it has absorbed the spring water. Then, put it into a pot with water and ground flaxseeds.
- Boil and simmer it for 30 minutes then cool it down until the sea moss is thickened.
- Place it into a container and store it in the refrigerator for about 10 days.
- Next, you can make the sea moss drink by putting 1 cup of sea moss gel into a blender, along with vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, pitted dates, and non-dairy milk.
- Blend it until it is smooth, and your sea moss drink is ready to be served.
If you store this gel in a freezer, it can be used for up to 3 months, and you can add it into your favorite food or beverages, such as the smoothies, tea, coffee, soups, salad dressings, sauces, jams, etc. Well, good luck in trying to make the famous Dr. Sebi sea moss drink recipe.