Eating QDoba tortilla soup, without a doubt, is heartwarming. However, if you have to keep coming back to the authentic Mexican restaurant for multiple times a day, it will cost you fortunes. That’s why to make your own tortilla soup is really important. Is it difficult? No, just follow this recipe below.
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chicken breast, shredded (skip this ingredient if you want to make vegetarian QDoba tortilla soup or replace them with plant-based protein)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup poblano pepper, diced
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, diced into smaller pieces
- 3 cups broth (chicken/vegetable)
- 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes, washed and crushed
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Crushed tortilla chips for toppings
- 2 teaspoon deseed and devein jalapeno peppers, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare a heavy-bottom sauce pot and heat it up over medium heat. Into the pot, add in vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, sauté minced onion. Add in diced poblano pepper. Cook for 5 minutes until the pepper is softened.
- Add in garlic, diced jalapeno pepper, chili powder and cumin. Cook for 5 more minutes until well-combined. Turn off the heat.
- Prepare a blender jug, blend together broth and corn tortillas. Mix until everything is smooth and pureed.
- Pour the broth mixture into the sauce pot followed by fresh tomatoes and canned tomatoes. Turn the heat back on and cook until the soup is boiling.
- Reduce the heat and let the soup simmer for another 10-15 minutes, meanwhile, add in the shredded chicken into the soup. Check the taste and adjust it with salt and pepper.
- To serve, top the QDoba tortilla soup with grated Monterey Jack cheese and crushed tortilla.
That is basically how to make the comforting food. There are a lot of ingredients that you can alter in that recipe. However, those ingredients mentioned above are just the best combo of all. If you do not like spicy food, skip the jalapeno and poblano and use red/green bell pepper instead.
Making this recipe will take only 30 minutes or so and this is why this soup can be the quick and easy, go-to dinner recipe that everyone can try at home. Try the QDoba tortilla soup right now.