For those who want to make La Lechera flan recipe but do not know how, the full recipe is explained below. Find out how easy it is to cook the classic milk-based dessert. It takes almost no cooking at all, and everyone can make it easily.
- 1 can (equals approximately 12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3/4 white granulated sugar
- 6 large-sized eggs
- 1 can (equals approximately 14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extracts
- To start cooking according this La Lechera flan recipe, preheat your own to 350 degree Fahrenheit or 177 degrees Celsius for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare a heavy-bottomed sauce pan. Heat it over medium-low heat. Add in sugar and let it melt to caramel while stirring it constantly. The time it takes for the sugar to turn into caramel is around 6-8 minutes.
- Once the sugar is completely melted and turned into golden brown caramel, pour it to a round pan for cake (around 9 inch diameter). Set it aside.
- Prepare a blender jug; into the jug add in evaporated milk, eggs, vanilla extract, and the sweetened condensed milk. Blend the whole ingredients until they are all well-combined.
- Pour the blended mixture over the caramel on the pan. Prepare a large roasting pan, and transfer the cake pan on top of the roasting pan. Then, add the warm water (up to 1 inch) into the pan to create bain-marie.
- Bake the flan inside the preheated oven for 50 minutes. Once 50 minutes has passed, stick a fork to the center of the flan and if it comes out clean, the flan is fully cooked.
- Remove the flan pan from the water bath and then transfer to wire rack to cool down.
- When the flan is completely cooled down, transfer it to the fridge and let it set overnight.
- To serve the flan, use small knife and run the knife around the edge. Then, shake the pan until the flan comes out of the pan.
The most crucial part of this easy La Lechera flan recipe is to let the flan cooled down in the fridge overnight. This step is to make sure the flan is completely set and create its wiggly, nice texture.
Do not skip that step, and cook the flan in advanced if you would like to serve it on dinner or any special occasion. This La Lechera flan recipe should help you making a delicious one.