A tenderizing steak marinade will be heavily needed when you want to cook a good steak or any other meat dish. Instead of having to use a store-bought marinade, which is tasty but not very cheap, you can make one on your very own. This recipe is going to show you how to make a DIY steak marinade that can tenderize the meat and make it so juicy.
This recipe is going to make around ¼ jar of marinade. If you want to make a big batch instead and store it for later, you can just alter the recipe and double or triple the measurement. This marinade is full of great flavor as it uses a lot of herbs. They should be absorbed by the meat and make the steak taste so nice. Here is the recipe for the best tenderizing meat marinade.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 springs fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 springs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- First of all, you need to prepare a Mason’s jar or any container with lid to store the tenderizing steak marinade.
- Chopped the peeled garlic or mince finely. Set aside.
- Into the jar, add in all the liquid ingredients: olive oil, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and balsamic vinegar. Close the lid of the container and shake well.
- Open the lid, add in the herbs: chopped thyme, chopped rosemary, chopped parsley and freshly ground black pepper. Close the lid again and shake well one more time.
- The marinade is technically done. Put it in the fridge to chill for about 1-2 hours before using. This marinade will last for 2 weeks in the fridge.
- If you want to marinade meat with this mixture, simply take a zip lock and then add in 2 lbs of meat of your choice in it. Pour the marinade and then let it sit for at least 60 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the zip lock and grill or cook according to your preference.
Making steak without marinade is all right. Many people season their steak only with salt and pepper. However, if you want to add extra flavor to the steak, surely a tenderizing steak marinade will be the best way to do that.