El Pollo Loco creamy cilantro dressing is a must-try salad dressing in this Mexican restaurant that specializes in Mexican delicacies. Now, you can make this creamy and fresh salad dressing at home and let your family taste the authentic of creamy cilantro dressing that tastes just like the one in the restaurant.
The good thing about making El Pollo Loco cilantro dressing on your own is that you can make it with all the accessible ingredients at your home. In addition to that, it’s that type of recipe that lets you have the flexibility to experiment with. Besides it is great for salad, this dressing is also perfect for barbeque chicken dip.
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- ½ cup of Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup of whole milk
- 6 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- ¼ onion, minced
- 3 teaspoons of finely minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk all the ingredients together. However, this method will not give you that smooth and pleasant texture of salad dressing. So, add all the ingredients above to a food processor and blend it until you get the smoothness that you desire.
- Once the ingredients are perfectly blended, transfer it into an airtight jar and store it in a refrigerator. This El Pollo Loco creamy cilantro dressing is able to last up to one week. You can enjoy with your greens salad, have it as barbeque dip, or pour a bit of it all over your sunny side up in the morning.
As mentioned previously, you can improve this recipe in your own way. You can remove the cayenne pepper, Greek yogurt, whole milk, white vinegar, sugar, and onion. As the substitute, you simply need three seeded poblano peppers, coat them with olive oil or vegetable oil, and put them on a baking pan.
Bake the peppers until scorched for around 10 minutes, turn off the heat, and transfer the peppers to a medium bowl. Cover it with plastic wrap and let it cool before removing the skin. Blend the peppers with the remaining ingredients until adequately incorporated. If you want to use El Pollo Loco creamy cilantro dressing as a dip, add sour cream with a ratio of 1:1.