Finding out Takis Fuego ingredients is probably an important thing if you love the snack. However, the ingredients list may not please you a lot. This is why it is better to make homemade Takis Fuego, which is a basically just crispy, baked rolled tortilla chip. They are very easy to make and you can save a lot of money from making your own snack.
The full recipe is here. You can add any Takis Fuego ingredients vegan or not vegan, according to your preference and add any other ingredients that you like. You can also make sure to add toppings, dipping sauce or whatever you like to the recipe. It is 100% versatile and definitely a must-try.
- 1 packet (2 cup) frozen rolled tortilla chips, thawed
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon powdered cheese
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon powdered lime flavoring
- 1 teaspoon nacho flavoring
- After preparing all the Takis Fuego ingredients, you can make the snack. Now, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- Prepare a baking dish and line them with baking paper.
- Thawed the frozen rolled tortilla chips completely and transfer them into a large bowl.
- Drizzle the rolled tortilla chips with lime juice. Stir well until the chips are all covered in lime juice. Set aside.
- Make the spice mix: In a large zipping bag, add together cayenne pepper, powdered cheese, chili powder, salt, powdered lime, and nacho flavoring. Seal the bag and shake the mix together until they are all well-combined.
- Open the Ziplocs and add in the lime-covered tortilla chips. Reseal the bag and shake again until all the chips are covered in the spice mix.
- Transfer the rolled tortilla chips onto the lined baking dish and then place them in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
This recipe is going to make 1 serving of Takis, or depending on how much you eat. If you do not like spice that much, you should be able to alter the taste of the homemade snack into a cheesier one or sweeter one. If you like it cheesier, add powdered parmesan cheese to enhance the sharp cheese flavor on the snack. If you like it sweet, add maple syrup or simple syrup before tossing the spice mix. Yes, basically you can add any Takis Fuego ingredients that you like.