Buying standing rib roast Publix is the best thing you can do when it comes to dinner. Why so? The high-quality beef will turn into amazing dinner, including into this herb-crusted roast beef. The recipe for this particular dinner (along with the gravy) will be shown below.
- 1 standing rib roast (approximately 4-4 1/2 lbs.), trimmed
- 2 medium-sized shallots, sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 5 springs rosemary, chopped
- 3 springs thyme, chopped
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon whole black pepper, cracked slightly
- To start making the standing rib roast Publix recipe, preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- Prepare a roasting rack and spray the rack with cooking spray or grease it with oil to keep it from sticking.
- Place the roast on top of the rack.
- Make the crust by mixing together shallots and garlic into food processor and then add the mustard, salt and whole black pepper. Pulse until they are well-combined. Lastly, add in the chopped fresh rosemary and thymes.
- Rub the mixture onto the standing rib roast Publix evenly and then put the roast into the oven. Bake the roast for 25 to 30 minutes.
- After 25-30 minutes, reduce the oven to 350 degrees and then roast them for 1 1/2 hour. Stick a food thermometer in the middle of the beef and it should be around 145 degrees for medium rare. You can alter the doneness of the beef according to your desire.
- Get the rack out of the oven and let the beef rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
- To make gravy, add in dry red wine, beef broth and the drippings from the beef (taken from the tray in the oven) into one cooking pot. Bring them to boil over high heat for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wait until the gravy is thickened and reduced to 2/3 cup. Season with salt, pepper and add butter.
- Serve the beef with the gravy.
The beef will go very well with any types of side dish. You can add carrots, potatoes or even sautéed green beans to accompany the dish on the dining plate. The beef is going to be very tender, very juicy and just taste so good. This is why buying standing rib roast Publix should be done, right now.