Banza vegan mac and cheese is one of the most-sought vegan dishes. Banza has indeed the quick-serving product of vegan mac and cheese. However, if you want to make it all on own, using fresher ingredients, you can surely do that. The recipe should be found below. The recipe is totally easy to follow and it includes the list of ingredients that you have to prepare.
- 1 box of Banza Elbows pasta, cooked according to the instruction until al dente
- 2 small-sized carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 small-sized potatoes. peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup cashew, rinsed and soaked overnight
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered paprika
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- You can start making the Banza vegan mac and cheese by making the ‘’cheese’’ sauce. Fill a cooking pot with water and bring it to boil. Add in diced potatoes, chopped carrots and soaked cashew. Boil them for 5 minutes until softened.
- Once softened, drain them water and then put the softened potato, carrots and cashew mix into a blender glass. Process them with the high-speed blender until smooth and well-combined.
- Give the mixture a taste and adjust the taste with salt and pepper. This is going to be the substitute for the cheese sauce.
- Heat a small cooking pot. Add in olive oil and then pour the cheese sauce. Cook the sauce over low heat. Add in miso paste, Dijon mustard, and nutritional yeast. Lastly, add the paprika.
- Prepare a mixing bowl. Into the bowl, add in the cooked pasta/macaroni. Then, pour the “cheese” sauce and then followed by the lemon juice. Stir well to combine them all together and serve.
The best thing about mac and cheese is the fact that you can add anything to the recipe. If you slightly do not care of the Banza vegan mac and cheese calories, you can add vegan cheese as well into the recipe. However, the recipe above is already delicious the way it is.
Many people also like their mac and cheese to be baked in the oven, topped with toasted bread crumbs to add the little crunchy texture. If you like this too, you can transfer the mixed mac and cheese into a baking dish, top it off with the toasted bread crumbs and put them in the 350 oven for 10 minutes. That should give the Banza vegan mac and cheese the crunchy texture you are looking for.