Garam masala Kroger is a perfect ingredient to create home-made chicken curry. However, do you know that you can actually create it on your own, so you’re able to adjust the taste to your preference? It’s not rare for store-bought garam masala to lose some of their flavor due to sit too long on the shelves. This copycat recipe of garam masala powder Kroger also allows you to experiment and use variations of spices to find great combination.
Garam masala itself is a common ingredient in Indian cuisine. It is a blend of spices that can be found in soups, curries, to lentil menus. It has specific aromatic flavors. The direct English translation of this ingredient is ‘warming spices’. Here is a recipe that gives you a close flavor to the Garam masala Kroger:
- 4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 nutmeg, grated
- 1 cinnamon stick, about 2” length
- 2 black cardamom pods
- 3 green cardamom pods
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- Put small-sized skilled on medium level heat.
- Put all the ingredients except the grated nutmeg and roast the spices dry by continuously stirring them for 5 minutes, or until they turn darkened and start to release distinctive aroma.
- Turn off the heat and then put inside the nutmeg.
- Move the mixture of spices into a blow and then let it cool down for 5-10 minutes.
- Grind the mixture of spices until they turn into smooth powder by using spice grinder.
- Store the spices in airtight container. They can be kept and used for as long as 2 months.
There is no strict rule in making garam masala. The ingredients for this recipe also typically differ according to the preferences of individual, family heritage, or specific region. For example, garam masala from Punjab region and the rest of Northern India usually focuses on the sweetness and aroma, so it only uses black pepper to add the spices. It results in quite mild flavor.
Although this ingredient is put as seasonings for various dishes, it also works as addition to the end of cooking to provide aroma, so go ahead if you want to sprinkle it on top of your prepared dish. Lastly, not only this garam masala Kroger recipe is ideal for dishes for meat and fish, it’s great for dishes that meant for vegan and vegetarian as well.