Dr. Praeger’s California Veggie Burgers is surely one of the best plant-based burger products that everyone loved. However, buying them too often can cost you a lot of money anyway. This is why learning how to make the copycat version of the veggie burger is always a better idea. You can learn about how to make it below.
The recipe below contains easy instruction as well as the list of Dr. Praeger’s California Veggie Burger ingredients you need to make the copycat veggie burger. All you have to do is following them carefully and in no time at all you should end up eating up a delicious veggie burger that has the same exact flavor as the infamous Dr. Praeger’s. Here is the recipe for you.
- 1 can chick peas, drained (do not throw away the chick peas water)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 medium-sized carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup flax seed, ground
- 1 medium-sized white onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Into a large bowl, add in chick peas and a little bit of the chick pea’s water from the can. Mash the chick peas until it forms paste-like consistency.
- Add in shredded carrot and rolled oat. Mix well until they are all combined.
- Now, add flax seed, onion and garlic. Stir again until well-combined.
- Season the mixture by adding cumin, curry powder and cayenne pepper.
- Give the mixture a taste and adjust the taste with salt and black pepper.
- Add in the thawed frozen pea and combine one more time.
- Divide the mixture into 8-10 portions. Roll each portion into ball and then press it against a plate or frying pan to flatten it.
- Cook the patties on medium-heat for 3-4 minutes per side until cooked through. Use a dash of olive oil to grease the frying pan.
- Serve with buns and condiments of your choice.
- The copycat version of Dr. Praeger’s California Veggie Burgers is ready for you to eat.
The best thing about making your own veggie patties is that you can add whatever you want into the mix. If you like mushroom, add mushroom. If you like black beans instead of chick peas, feel free to substitute the ingredients. Everything you do to the recipe is going to make the whole thing even better and the Dr. Praeger’s California Veggie Burger copycat version is going to be delicious.