It is more than easy to find noochy licious recipes online. ‘Nooch’ is a term that refers to nutritional strain of yeast that grows on sugar carrier like sugar cane or molasses. Grown yeast is heated then dried to be made into flakes or powder.
Even though Noochy Licious nutritional yeast doesn’t exactly have the best rep, it’s not actually bad. In fact, it contains great amount of B12 vitamin. Moreover, there are plenty of noochy licious recipes that make benefits of its savory, nutty, and cheesy flavors.
Here is a recipe using nooch that mimics the taste of queso almost perfectly – just the best possible way to enjoy the nutritional ingredient that also works for vegans.
- 2 tbsp. nooch or nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup or 4 oz of raw cashews
- 1 small-sized red bell pepper, cleaned, seed removed, and chopped
- 1 cup or 8 oz chunky salsa
- Pinch of salt
- (Optional) Pinch of turmeric powder for coloring purpose
- Process the cashew nuts on high-speed blender. Alternatively, soak them overnight if you’re not using blender.
- Put the processed cashews in a bowl that’s already filled with warm water. Put it aside while chopping the bell pepper.
- Drain and rinse the cashews. Set all the ingredients inside blender, then blend them until the mixture become creamy and soft textured.
- Warm the blended mixture in saucepan. Otherwise, you may just serve it on room temperature with tortilla chips or mix of veggies.
Besides tastes amazing and looks satisfying (if you use turmeric to create cheesy color), this recipe is also very healthy because of its ingredients. As if these aren’t enough, they also really quick to make. It takes maximum 10 minutes to create.
The final dish tastes very similar to the nacho cheese Doritos, especially because the chunky salsa that gives it just the right amount of spice to the overall flavor. It will make you want to create it again and again, and it also a vegan-friendly recipe!
Honestly the best part of all is that this recipe allows you to be creative. Feeling lazy and want it to be simple? Just slather the noochs on top of tortilla chips. Motivated to be healthier? Add some spinach and maybe black beans. Want to be extra? Add enchilada sauce and corn tortillas then bake it for half an hour at 350F. You can easily turn it into whole different noochy licious recipes.