Church’s chicken biscuits, well, the snacks must be favorite for many people. If many biscuits are made in sweet tastes, this one is salty and more savory. Sure, the main ingredient used is the chicken strips anyway. Besides, there are additional ingredients to make the chicken taste even stronger. Sure, you should not buy the biscuits every time. You can make them by yourself with a little innovation.
While the church’s chicken biscuits price is not too expensive, you can save your money more by trying the recipe. On this page, you will learn about the combination of chicken and honey butter biscuits. The ingredients and steps are as follows.
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour,
- 3 tablespoons of baking powder,
- 1 tablespoon of sugar,
- 1 ½ teaspoon of Kosher Salt,
- 7 tablespoons of cold unsalted butter, cubed,
- 1 ½ of whole milk.
- 6 skinless and boneless chicken thighs,
- ¾ cup of all-purpose flour,
- 2 teaspoons of Cayenne,
- 2 teaspoons of Kosher salt,
- 3 eggs,
- 3 cups of Panko Bread Crumbs,
- Canola or vegetable oil for frying.
- 3 tablespoons of honey,
- 10 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened,
- Hot sauce,
- Sliced dill pickles.
- For this version of church’s chicken biscuits, add flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Mix them with a fork. Add butter and use the same fork to mash and mix it with the flour until the dough is thick. Pour milk and stir them until the dough comes together.
- Spread flour on your hands. Knead the dough gently in a bowl for 2-3 minutes. Cover the bowl with the plastic dough. Put it in the refrigerator for around 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Meanwhile, prepare a tray that has been floured. Roll the dough on the tray using a rolling pin to around 1 ½ inch of thickness. Cut the dough using a knife or round cutter with a width of 3 ½ inches.
- Place dough pieces on a baking sheet and place them in the oven. Bake for a15-20 minutes until they are puffed up and the color is turned to golden brown. Remove them from the oven and cool the biscuits down.
- Prepare 3 bowls. Add flour, cayenne, and salt in the first bowl; beat eggs in the second bowl; and place Panko bread crumbs in the third bowl. Dip each chicken to the first, second, and third bowl sequentially. Make sure that all of them are coated well with the spices, eggs, and crumb layer.
- Prepare a pan for frying and pour the Canola or vegetable oil. Fry chicken thighs and flip them every two minutes until they are golden brown and crispy. Put them into the wire reck to rinse the oil.
- Mix butter, honey, and hot sauce and stir them thoroughly. You can make a sandwich by placing the sauce together with pickles between two biscuits. Serve them together with the chicken. Now, the church’s chicken biscuits are ready to enjoy.