Are you interested in making Giada lentil soup? Lentil is a kind of legume that is full of nutrition. It contains substances needed by your body including carbohydrates, protein, fat, fiber, thiamine, niacin, and vitamins. Sure, it is just very good to consume daily for the many benefits it gives.
However, lentil may not be that delicious without processing it into foods like soups or paste. If you love the taste of Italian cuisine, the idea of everyday Italian lentil soup recipe is just good to try. One of them is presented by a cuisine expert, Giada de Laurentiis. Are you interested to try it? Follow the instructions below.
- 1 ½ pound of boneless beef, cut into small cubes,
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 3 celery stalks, chopped,
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped,
- 1 ½ teaspoon of rosemary leaves, chopped,
- 1 ½ teaspoon of dried oregano,
- 6 cans of beef broth,
- 28 ounces of tomatoes, juiced,
- 2 cups of lentils, soaked and rinsed,
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley leaves, chopped,
- Salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large pot with medium to high temperature at the beginning of making Giada lentil soup.
- Prepare the beef that has been cut, sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Put half of them in the pan and cook them until the color is golden brown for around 8 minutes. Remove the beef and put them into a bowl or a plate. Cook another half of the beef.
- Prepare a pot and add celery, carrots, onion, garlic, rosemary, and oregano. Saute until the onions are smooth and fragile for around 8 minutes. Put the beef back in the pot.
- Add the broth and tomatoes along with the juice. Boil the combination.
- Reduce the heat temperature to medium-low. Cover the pot and wait for around an hour until the meat tender.
- Add lentils and wait for another 40 minutes until the lentils are tender.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper, the amount is based on your taste while stirring it thoroughly. The soup is ready to serve.
If you want to feel the taste of Italian even more, you can make lentil soup with Ditalini pasta. So, the lentil soup that has been made above is added with pasta. But since the filling may be more crowded, you are also recommended to add broth for a better Giada lentil soup.