Longhorn lamb chops are good alternatives to barbecues. Yes, for some people, it is easier to eat the lamb meat when there is still a long bone floated from it. You can simply grab it and enjoy the smooth and tasty meat. Interestingly, the chops can be cooked using various recipes. If grilling only is a common thing, you can try other ideas. One of them is the combination of lamb chops with extra spices and smoked aubergines.
This type of longhorn menu is quite easy to make. Even if you are still a beginner in terms of lamb cooking, there is a high chance to be successful. Moreover, the ingredients are also quite easy to find. So, how to make it? You may prepare the ingredients and follow the instructions below.
- 12 pieces of lamb chops or cutlets,
- 1 pack of Greek yoghurt or mint,
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander,
- 1 tablespoon of cumin Seeds,
- 1 tablespoon of Masala salt,
- 2 pieces of jalapenos or green chilies,
- ½ lemon zest,
- 1 medium-sized ginger
- 3 pods of Cardamom,
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil,
- 1 tablespoon of Tahini paste
- 2 pieces of aubergines,
- 2 cloves of garlic,
- A pinch of thyme leaves,
- A small bunch of coriander leaves,
- A small bunch of mint leaves,
- A small bunch of parsley.
- You should make the marinade or the sauce first to coat the chops. Toast coriander, a half part of the cumin, Masala salt, and cardamom in a pan. The rest ingredients except the longhorn lamb chops and aubergines are put into the blender and blended into them.
- Mix the spices paste from the blender with the spices from the pan thoroughly. Use the combination to coat the lamb chops. Wait it for up to 24 hours to make sure that the spices are absorbed into the meat well.
- Heat the oven and the griddle pan. Put a half part of the aubergines on the pan until they are almost burnt. Put the lamb chops on the pan for about 30 minutes.
- Toast the rest of the cumin and aubergines. Pour them into the lamb chops while flipping them up.
- Heat a griddle and put the chops on it for 3 minutes on each side. Make sure that they are pink inside.
The longhorn lamb chops are ready to serve and enjoy with your family and friends.