Do you know are Haribo Gummy Bears gluten-free and safe for your celiac kids? Haribo is the candy that becomes a favorite for children, especially for Halloween candy to share with kids.
The truth, it is not categorized as gluten-free. Haribo Gummy Bears have 140 calories from 16 servings of Haribo Gummy bears. The calories break into 6 % protein, 0 % fat, and 94% carbs. The ingredients in Haribo Gummy bears are corn syrup, gelatin, starch, citric acid, beeswax coating, coconut oil, artificial color.
The Alternative of Haribo Gummy Bears Candy List
If you consider gluten-free candy, here is a list of candy that you can pick out. Just remember that not these entire candies list is 100 percent gluten-free, but it is as low and helps you to choose candies that are gluten-free. You can eat safely with your celiac or share in Halloween to kids who come to your house.
- Hershey’s. Hershey has several products and to find which one is gluten-free? You can see the label information. Here are safe variants of Hershey’s candies starting from all flavors of Almond Joy, Hershey Nuggets, Hershey Milk chocolate bars, Hershey’s Nuggets, Hershey’s milk chocolate kisses, and Hershey’s chocolate filled.
- Mars Candy. Same as Hershey’s brand, you need to choose the gluten-free label as there many flavors of Mars Candy. You can eat Milky Way Caramel Bar, Milky Way Midnight Bar, M & M except for pretzel flavor, Snicker chocolate bars, and Dove chocolate bars.
- Wrigley. You can enjoy Wrigley candy variants that start from Hubba Bubba Gum, Skittles, Lifesaver Gummies, Cremesavers, and Altoids.
Tricky Tips to know your Candy has Gluten Contain
When you shop at the market for non-gluten snacks and candy, then these ingredients can help you to eliminate gluten-containing food.
- Malt. Malt is a type of flavors and ingredients that are sometimes hidden in candy.
- Pretzel. Pretzels are made from wheat flour and
- Wafers. Candies that include wafers in hundred guarantees contain gluten. Kit Kats, M&Ms are examples of candies that include wafers. The rice wafer is an exception but it is rare to find nowadays.
- Cookies. Although there are limited candies that contain gluten, it still candies that mix with cookies.
- Licorice. Stories include wheat flours. Several candies contain wheat flour such as Red Vines and Twizzler.
When you consider Haribo Gummy bears, it is best to always read at the label first. The company claims that their product is made from wheat and corn.