If you are a big fan of Carlo’s Bakery Lobster Tail, you might want to know how the pastry is so delicious. Also, is it possible to make the pastry yourself? Worry no more! With the following recipe, you can make your lobster tail pastry as tasty as Carlo’s Bakery.
To make a perfect lobster tail pastry, you need to use the following equipment.
- Pasta machine with a motor
- Baking sheets
- Parchment paper or silicone baking mats
- Pastry bag
The ingredients to make this homemade lobster pastry tail recipe are divided into three.
To create the pastry shell, you will need the following ingredients.
- Water (250 ml)
- Sugar (50 grams)
- All-purpose flour (500 grams)
- Puff Dough
- Ingredients needed to make the puff dough of the lobster pastry tail are:
- Salt (1/2 tsp)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups water (473 ml)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (230 grams or 2 sticks)
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour (240 grams)
Whipped Cream Ricotta Filling
You will need these ingredients to make the whipped cream ricotta filling for the pastries.
- Vanilla (1 tbsp)
- 420 grams of powdered sugar, divided
- Cream of tater (1/2 tsp)
- Drained ricotta cheese (2 ¼ pounds)
- Heavy whipping cream (750 ml)
How to Make the Pastry
The suggested time to make this Carlo’s Bakery lobster tail pastry is 3 days.
- Day 1 – Lobster Tail Dough
Put dry ingredients in the bowl of a standing mixer. Mix the ingredients well and add water to form to create a firm dough. Then store it in a plastic bag and leave it overnight in the refrigerator.
- Day 2 – Lobster Tail Shell
- First of all, divide the dough into 4 pieces.
- Then, roll out the divided pieces until they are almost double in size. Then, flour each side of the rolled dough well.
- Put each rolled dough in the pasta machine (set it at 0 to 6) and use flour to avoid sticking.
- Hold the dough by using a rolling pin while it is extruded from the machine.
- Cover one side of the dough with a thin coating of shortening and roll tightly in jellyroll fashion.
- Repeat the process for each piece of the dough. Then, grease the dough to the first until it forms one big rolled dough.
- Day 3 – Whipped Cream Ricotta Filling
- Mix 1.5 cup tsp vanilla, 1.5 cups heavy cream, 1.5 cups powdered sugar, ½ tsp cream of tartar, and whip them all until they form soft peaks in a medium bowl. Leave it for a while.
- Then, mix the remaining ingredients in another bowl.
- Combine the mixtures after that and then chill it in the refrigerator.
Assemble the Pastry
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and then slice it into 14 to 18 pieces.
- Use the palm of your hand to flatten each dough.
- Use your thumbs to push down each circle of the dough and create a cone from it.
- Fill each cone created with the cream puff dough generously.
- Put the filled cones on a baking sheet lined with silicone baking sheet or parchment.
Baking the Pastry
- Preheat the oven up to 4500 and bake the cones for up to 15 minutes.
- Lower the heat to 3500 and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Ensure that the pastries have turned golden brown before switching off the oven.
- Filling the Lobster Tail Pastry with Whipped Cream Ricotta
- Make sure that pastries are completely cold before filling them with whipped cream ricotta.
- Create a slit in the pastries’ bottom using a knife to insert the whipped cream.
- Fill each pastry generously with the cream and leave them for a while.
- Sprinkled with powdered sugar and your homemade Carol’s Bakery lobster tail is ready to serve.