Soaking garbanzo beans, why should you do it before cooking them? The main reason is so that the beans can be expanded even twice bigger. This way, they tend to be tastier and crunchier. There are many opinions regarding how long you must soak this type of beans. It depends on your wants actually but if it is possible, you need to do it overnight. Well, this is for the best result.
In fact, there are many recipes to make from garbanzo beans or chickpeas. For those recipes, you can also use canned chickpeas to make your job simpler and more practical. One of them is Dilly Sandwich with Soaking Garbanzo Beans and Salad to eat for breakfast. How to make it? Here are the ingredients and steps.
- 15 ounces of garbanzo beans or chickpeas, soaked, rinsed, and drain first,
- 1/2 cups of onions, chopped,
- 1/2 cups of celery, chopped,
- ½ cup of low-fat or vegan mayonnaise,
- 3 tablespoons of snipped fresh dill,
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar,
- ¼ teaspoon of salt,
- ¼ teaspoon of bell pepper powder,
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper,
- 12 slices of multigrain bread.
You can also add some other ingredients for the sandwich including sliced tomatoes, sliced pickles, sliced red peppers, and more for filling together with soaking Garbanzo beans.
- After the garbanzo beans have been soaked overnight, rinse them, and wait for some hours to dry.
- Place them in a bowl and mash them. For the smooth consistency, it depends on your taste.
- Pour onion, celery, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper powder into the dough of mashed beans. Stir them thoroughly.
- Prepare a slice of multigrain bread. Spread the dough of mashed beans on it. Cover it with another slice of bread.
- Before covering the dough, you can add some optional filling including the tomatoes, pickles, and others. The sandwich is ready to serve.
Although it looks simple, this idea of chickpeas recipes is full of nutrition. Well, the calories are mostly from the sandwich. For the filling, they are low calories and contain healthy fat. Other types of nutrition contained in the sandwich are sodium, protein, and vitamins. Particularly if you add things like tomatoes, the amount of vitamin is getting increased. Sure, it means that eating sandwiches with soaking Garbanzo beans for breakfast is just a healthy tip for you.