Andouille Sausage Publix is a typical traditional frozen food from French. It is basically not different from other smoked sausages. However, this one is only made from pork with bigger sizes. Well, although some producers currently produce the sausage from other meat variants including beef or chicken Andouille sausage publix.
Rather than cutting or slicing it in thick sizes like other sausages, Andouille sausage is commonly sliced in thin sizes. This way, if it is combined with other spices, those spices can absorb into the meat more easily. If the weather is cold, it seems tastier to make foods with soup or broth. Sure, Andouille can be used as one of the main ingredients. One of them is Red Andouille Sausage Publix Soup with Tomato and Worcestershire Sauce.
- 12 ounces of fully-cooked Andouille sausage, slice them into 1/4-inch slices,
- A tablespoon of Canola Oil,
- 2 large onions, chopped,
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped,
- 2 garlic, minced,
- 3 carrots, chopper,
- 1 pound of red potatoes, cut into small cubes,
- 28 ounces of tomatoes, crushed,
- A teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce,
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper,
- 32 ounces of reduced-sodium broth
- Prepare a pan or a stockpot, heat oil. Pour onions, peppers, and carrots. Stir them gently for around 8-10 minutes until they are golden brown. Add garlic, cook 1 minute more. Put them into a plate or a bowl.
- Heat the sliced Andouille sausage publix in the same pan. Add potatoes, tomatoes, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and onion. Pour the broth and stir them continuously until the broth mixture is boiled. Reduce the heat and wait for some more minutes until the potatoes are getting tenderer.
- Pour the broth mixture into the plate or bowl where you have prepared the onions, peppers, and carrots before. The soup is ready to serve. You can add sour cream and Cayenne Pepper if you want. Those latest ingredients are optional.
Finding Andouille sausage near me is not a difficult thing nowadays. They are available around in supermarkets and groceries. Besides, to make the atmosphere more “French”, you can enjoy the meal along with drinks originated from the country. For example, there are Wine Appellation, French Cocktails, and Herbal Liqueur that must also be easy enough to get in your area. Then, enjoy your winter time with them. So, are you interested in making soup with Andouille sausage publix?