Kaboski Sausage, known also as Kielbasa, is a kind of meat sausage from Poland. The sausage is also one of the staple foods from the country. It is not different from other types of smoked sausage. However, the size is commonly wider and bigger and the shape is quite similar to the typical sausage from British, Wiejska Sausage that is only made from pork.
Many foods and cuisines can be made from Kielbasa. One of the Kaboski sausage recipes that is relatively easy to make, even for beginners is Slow Cooker Kaboski Sausage in Beer and Mustard Sauce. So, here are the ingredients and steps.
- 2 pounds of Kaboski or Kielbasa Sausage. As alternatives, you can also use American smoked or Turkey smoked sausage,
- 1 large onion,
- 2/3 cup of beer,
- ¼ cup of vinegar,
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar,
- ¼ cup of mustard,
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch,
- 2 teaspoons of water.
- Slice the sausage into around an inch each.
- Slice the onion also into long pieces.
- Place the sliced Kaboski sausage and onion in the slow cooker.
- Put beer, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, and water in a bowl. Mix them thoroughly.
- Combine the mix of the beer sauce with the sausage and onion in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook them for 6 to 8 hours.
- Open the slow cooker carefully and pour the cornstarch. Stir them slowly to form a paste.
- After all the ingredients have been combined well, the food from Kaboski is ready to serve. Enjoy it while it is still hot.
If you think that the food is too plain in terms of the look, you can add more vegetables to garnish it. They are lettuce and tomato. Besides, you can also add fried potatoes to add more carbohydrates. Sure, the idea of Kaboski sausage and potatoes is maybe not enough. If you prefer the food to be spicier even more, pepper powder is not bad to add. It will not change the taste at all aside from it getting hotter.
The recipe is great to try for winter. Well, when it is really cold outside, it is just good to eat something warm. You can provide a beverage originally from Poland as well like Zincica that is made from sheep’s milk or Inka, from chicory, cereals, and sugar beets along with the food from Kaboski sausage.