Power air fryer xl recipes that you can easily try at home are homemade mozzarella sticks that are even tastier and yummier than frozen mozzarella sticks. This recipe is one of the best power air fryer xl recipes that you can try. This air fryer will make your homemade mozzarella sticks become crispier and even more satisfying compared to the frozen store-bought counterparts.
However, the most significant step of this recipe that you can’t miss is that you have to freeze the mozzarella sticks for several minutes before you coat them with the breadcrumbs. This technique is used to ensure that the breading sticks well and as a result the cheese won’t ooze out before the outside of the sticks turn to be golden-brown when it is fried. Without further ado below is the homemade mozzarella sticks power air fryer xl recipes that you can try at home.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 package mozzarella cheese sticks (about 12-ounce). Each stick unwrapped and cut in a half in order to make 12 sticks.
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup marinara sauce, it will be used for serving
- First thing first, before you fry the mozzarella sticks, you need to place the halved cheese sticks on a rimmed baking sheet that is already lined with parchment paper. After that freeze the mozzarella sticks for about 30 minutes. While you are waiting for the mozzarella sticks, you can assemble the breading and then proceed to get out the air fryer.
- Next, in a medium mixing bowl you can start to whisk the mayonnaise and egg together. After that, put the flour, onion as well as garlic powder in a large bowl and mix it together until well combined.
- Start to work on batches of six, you need to roll the frozen mozzarella stick in the mayonnaise and egg mixture to coat, after that roll it in the flour mixture. After that, you can return the coated mozzarella sticks to the parchment-line baking sheet that you have prepared before. Repeat the process till each of the mozzarella sticks is coated and then put the baking sheet back to the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- After that, you need to hear the power air fryer to 370° F. And then you can start to fry the 6 mozzarella sticks for 5 minutes. Make sure that you avid to overcrowd the air fryer. You can repeat this process till all of the sticks are fried.
- Last but not least, serve the mozzarella sticks in a serving plate with the marinara sauce for dipping.
All in all, this recipe is simple and easy to follow even for a beginner. Therefore, if you want to experience a great taste of homemade mozzarella sticks that are crispier and tastier than the frozen store-bought version, then you can try to make it on your own with this homemade mozzarella sticks power air fryer xl recipes.