Fibrous foods for baby is very diverse today. The existence of foods with fiber content for babies can help improve the performance of the microflora of the large intestine to maintain the balance of the digestive system. Thus, a large amount of fiber intake in baby food is useful in forming good eating habits.
Making Purees That Contain Fiber For Babies
Dietary fiber is a type of complex carbohydrate found in foods of plant origin. There are two types of dietary fiber. They are soluble fiber and insoluble fiber. Besides being good for babies, some food groups are high fiber foods for children with constipation.
Babies and toddlers can eat all kinds of vegetables in sufficient quantities. Vegetables are a good source of fiber. You can try several types of vegetables for your babies such as spinach, broccoli, beans, edamame, sweet potatoes, corn, and carrots. When you are going to feed the vegetables, you have to make sure the vegetables are cooked and mashed so that your baby can digest them properly. One of them is by making vegetable puree.
- 1 medium carrot
- 150 grams of spinach
- 1 medium potato
- 200 ml of water (can use breast milk)
How to cook:
- Choose good quality vegetables.
- Peel the potatoes and carrots, clean, and cut into small pieces
- For spinach, pick the leaves and clean
- Steam the vegetables until soft
- Crush the steamed vegetables, and mix them.
- You can use a blender to smooth it
- Strain the chopped vegetables to make sure the puree is completely smooth.
- Stir until evenly distributed
- If it’s still a little thick, you can add water or breast milk until it’s a little runny, cook briefly over low heat.
- Vegetable puree ready to serve for your baby.
- Serve warm.
You can also store them in ice cubes and store them in the freezer for 3 days. If you want to serve it, you can heat it in the microwave.
Giving fibrous foods for baby is a wise way to train babies to digest solid food. Fiber is an important intake from the food we eat. Foods that contain fiber have many benefits for your baby.
The presence of fiber can help in the absorption of essential nutrients in food into the body. A healthy gut has a healthy microbiome that can aid in the digestion of food and absorption of nutrients into the body. Both are crucial processes for maintaining overall health.
Babies do not only need milk as food. They also need nutrients and nutrients from complementary dairy foods. Several types of food can be fibrous foods for a baby.