Having grape jelly and ketchup meatballs is definitely the best thing in the party. You can make it on your own easily. Mixing ketchup and jelly seems unusual idea since both have different flavor. The grape jelly tends to be sweet although you still have various options. On contrary, ketchup is sour, and you often use it for several foods. To know how to cook this recipe, check the following section for more explanation.
- 1-2 cups ketchup,
- 1-2 cups grape jelly,
- 2 pounds ground beef (grass-fed),
- 3 eggs,
- 3/4-1 cup almond meal flour,
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder,
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 salt
- Canola oil (optional)
- Mix beef, flour, black pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Maintain the thickness with water. Shape it into small-size balls that you can bit and chew it easily.
- For sauce, mix jelly and ketchup then stir them. Extra flavor is optional, such as pepper flakes, black pepper, salt, etc.
- Prepare crock-pot and pour half of sauce. Place the meatballs and cook for 30 minutes. Pour the remaining of sauce then cook up to 3 hours. You may extend until 4 hours if necessary.
- Alternative cooking is by using slow cooker. Prepare the sauté pan and canola oil. Cook meatballs until medium brown. Pour the sauce into slow cooker alongside the meatballs. Cook for 30 minutes or more.
You may shorten the cooking instructions of grape jelly and ketchup meatballs with ready products at stores. There are actually various frozen meatballs you can find. If you create it on your own, make sure the ingredient is enough, especially the proportion. As additional tips, mix the meatball with breadcrumbs and milk to smoothen the mixture.
Moreover, the sauce for grape jelly meatballs only needs two ingredients with the same proportion. You can mix both grape jelly and ketchup. For more variations, try several jellies. The taste is unique even few of them are quite spicy.
The cooking process will take longer if you rely on crockpot. The result is smooth and delicate meatball with no oil. On contrary, slow cooker uses brown meatballs. It means you must cook them before mixing with sauce. This process will take at least 30 minutes. You just pick the method based on the availability. You can enjoy this grape jelly and ketchup meatballs recipe as snack or dessert.