Who can ever resist the temptation of Arby’s jalapeno poppers? Although Arby’s has been known as the fast food chain serving mainly sandwiches, its jalapeno poppers aren’t something you should miss. If you love cheese, this snack is just lit – with a kick of spiciness, truly jalapeno. The fun thing is, you can make this at home too! Storing it for future snacking time sounds like a decent plan either.
Let’s try to remake the Arby’s jalapeno poppers. Below, you’ll see the ingredients to make it and how to make it in detail.
- 24 jalapeno peppers (or any numbers you like)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 16 ounces cream cheese, set in room temperature
- 2 cups of breadcrumbs
- All-purpose flour
- ½ cup of milk
- Oil for frying the jalapenos
- Black pepper
- Oregano (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper (optional)
- Clean the main ingredient (jalapeno), and then cut the end and slit it into half.
- Clean the seeds thoroughly. If you want a spicier kick, left several seeds. Put it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese with spices, namely salt, grounded black pepper, and oregano (if you love it).
- If you want to add some variation, finely chop 1 red bell pepper and add it to your mixing bowl. If you don’t like additional spiciness, you can just skip this step.
- Then, mix the ingredients well. Adjust the taste if needed.
- Stuff the jalapeno with that mix. Put aside after you’ve finished stuffing the pepper.
- Now let’s make the breading. Combine ½ cup of milk with the all-purpose flour. Mix it well until it has no lumps. The objective is to make a coating for the jalapeno, so that’ll be better to make it slurry.
- In another small bowl, dust your stuffed jalapeno with all-purpose flour (no need to make it thick), then coat it with the slurry milk-flour mixture. Then, coat it with breadcrumbs. Put it aside.
- Keep doing it until all jalapeno are breaded. Then, to make it a bit firm, keep them in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- To fry, prepare enough oil to deep-fry your stuffed jalapeno. Set the flame to high heat and fry your jalapeno then.
- Once the color turns golden brown, that’s it! Transfer it to a tray coated with paper towels to drain the excess oil.
- Lastly, serve it with ketchup or any dipping sauce you like!
Well, this Arby’s jalapeno poppers recipe is customizable. You can add chopped sausage or changing the cream cheese with the real cheese, like mozzarella or processed cheese. Whatever your choice is, Arby’s jalapeno poppers are a great choice for cheap party snacking!