You may enjoy the boneless skinless chicken thigh instant pot. It is the simplest recipe you can try at home. Cooking chicken is no longer exhausting task. In fact, you only need 30 minutes or less when you have enough spices. Check the following section to know how to cook it properly.
- 1.5-2 pounds boneless chicken thighs, about 6 thighs
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp coarse Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Prepare a small bowl. Combine oregano, garlic powder, paprika, salt, onion powder, and pepper. Mix them slowly until they blend completely.
- Put the spices on chicken, and rub it over all sides.
- Prepare the instant pot and then add the olive oil. Pick sauté mode and cook chicken for 4-5 minutes. Make sure the chicken has been browned on both sides. Take it, and put on a plate.
- Add a cup of water into a pot. Before doing such thing, make sure the pot is off. Scrap the leftover from cooking chicken with spatula.
- Put the metal trivet in the pot. Add the chicken on it located above water.
- Select high pressure cook for 8 minutes, and switch into natural release for 5 minutes
- Wait until the pot is in normal state. After that, your dish is done.
The good thing about boneless skinless chicken thigh instant pot recipe is you only require the Instant Pot. It is cooking utensil with electric system that can cook anything. You just select cooking mode to adjust your needs. For this recipe, you will use sauté and high pressure for two cooking steps.
Boneless and skinless chicken is preferable. However, you may alter with frozen one to make instant pot chicken thighs frozen. If you cannot find boneless chicken, anything available in the store is fine. When cooking boneless chicken, you only take up to 8 minutes. For chicken with bone, you can extend to 10 minutes. You just skip the sauté process when using frozen chicken.
From the cooking instruction, you know that chicken and water are separated. You should avoid too much juicy texture on the chicken if both are mixed. Of course, you can get rid of the trivet to make chicken soup. After cooking is done, wait until the steam is cleared. It takes 5 minutes to ensure your chicken is ready and fresh. After that, your boneless skinless chicken thigh instant pot is ready.