The best thing about this slow cooker Boston butt roast recipes is, it is very easy to do. You can also leave the Boston butt while cooking and do other house chores. It is also great if you want to have a lazy day and want a day-off from cooking, since the slow cooker will do it all. You can save the leftovers without worrying about getting it stale.
For this slow cooker Boston butt roast recipes, you’ll need Boston butt cut. Despite its name, this is the American name for pork cut which comes from the upper part of the pig’s shoulder. You can get the cut that comes with bones or the boneless one.
- 4-5 lbs. of Boston butt/pork shoulder
- Black pepper
- Kosher salt or table salt
- Grill seasonings (for example, you can get Sazon seasoning or McCormick Grill Seasoning)
But if you cannot find those instant seasonings, you can make it by finely grinding these ingredients:
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 2 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. achiote/Annatto seeds/turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. dried cilantro
- 2 tbsp. salt
- First, you need to season the pork shoulder with the seasonings (Sazon, McCormick, or homemade grill seasonings) and salt and pepper. Then, place the pork into your slow cooker. No need to add water afterwards.
- Cover the slow cooker. With a low heat, let it cook for 7-8 hours. For the time being, you can prepare the side dishes to enjoy the pork with.
- After the waiting hours, place the pork on a board. Let cool for around 20 minutes.
- Shred the pork with a fork.
- While moving the pork you’ll see there’s liquid in the base of your cooker. Pour and strain it out into a bowl so that any solids will not be included.
Tips: there must be some excess fat visible on the upper layer of the liquid. To discard this, simply put your liquid into a fridge for around 30 minutes. This is done to solidify the fatty layer. Once the fat turns solid, dismiss the white layer and pour the remaining liquid to the pork.
See, it is that easy. This meal will surely entice your family to eat more and more. You can also cook this slow cooker Boston butt roast recipes with vegetables. Now get up from your couch, prepare the ingredients, and get ready to cook this easy-to-make slow cooker Boston butt roast recipes.