Trader Joe’s lentil soup is the dish everyone wants to eat every day. However, it will be probably boring to eat the soup just the way it is. If you are looking for any way to elevate the taste of the soup, you can get it down below. It is the ultimate recipe that will bring you to the best soul warming soup recipe for any day.
- 1 lbs lean turkey breast, ground
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 4 celery stalks, washed and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced.
- 1 package Trader Joe’s Steamed Lentils, leave in room temperature
- 6 medium-sized carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon spice mix
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- This Trader Joe’s lentil soup copycat recipe starts by you preparing a heavy-bottomed cooking pot. Into the pot, drizzle 1-2 tablespoons olive oil. Then, add in ground turkey, diced onion, and minced garlic. Cook until the turkey is browning.
- Then, add in diced celery and carrot. Cook until they are a little bit softer.
- Add in the lentils and spinach. Stir it well until completely mixed.
- Then, add the water, chicken bouillon powder, spice mix and turmeric. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Adjust the taste with salt and pepper before serving.
The soup can be made into appetizer or you can eat it on its own. The soup is best served with some toasted breads or freshly sliced bread to soak up the sauce. It will certainly taste delicious and everyone will love to have them at dinner, or lunch. This Trader Joe’s lentil soup is so good and also healthy. It has tons of vegetables and good proteins in it. It will keep your body happy and healthy.
If you cannot find that steamed lentils, though, you can always make one on your own. All you have to do is buying dried lentils and then washed them all thoroughly. If you have time, let the lentil soaks in cold water overnight. Then, drain the water and rinse the lentils before putting them on steamer. Steam the lentils until they are completely tender. When they are done, they are ready to be used in the Trader Joe’s lentil soup recipe up there.