Carrabba’s chicken parmesan is one of the most timeless and best-selling menus in the said franchise. It is not without a reason: the dish has the right combination of flavorful taste and creamy texture. The crispiness is just perfect – along with the served tomato that gives off sourness, cheese that offers saltiness and the extra savory flavor from the herbs.
The original recipe of chicken parmesan in Carrabba is served with Mama Mandola’s breadcrumbs coating, topped with mozzarella and pomodoro sauce, then presented with baked ciabatta roll. Now, this Carrabba’s chicken parmesan copycat recipe allows room for some delightful twist. Read the listed ingredients and step-by-step instructions below to recreate the dish.
- 4 halves chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 slices mozzarella
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Pound the chicken breast halves until they’re flat with meat mallet.
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Dip the chicken breast in the egg, then cover with Italian bread crumbs.
- Set a skillet in medium to high and melt the butter.
- Put chicken on melted butter and cook for about 5 minutes. Turnover and wait for similar minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Take the chicken off and set it aside.
- Put marinara sauce into your pan and put back the chicken. Spread mozzarella and Parmesan on top of it.
- Cover the skillet and wait for 3 minutes then serve warmly.
There is no doubt that chicken parmesan is one of the most popular, most loved, and most ordered chicken dishes all over the world. However, it happens far too often that the chicken is cooked to dry or is not seasoned enough so it doesn’t have satisfying flavor.
The Carrabba’s chicken parmesan recipe above seems like it would take a lot of time to create, but it’s actually quite fast and easy, especially if you already have all the ingredients inside your kitchen. At most, it only requires half an hour to cook. This Carrabba-inspired chicken parmesan will make a yummy dinner menu for all family members.
Once you cooked the chicken parmesan, the dish or leftover can be frozen to eat later – but it might not be as crispy as freshly served. To do so, keep this Carrabba’s chicken parmesan copycat menu inside safely sealed food storage container or freezer bag.