Manwich sloppy joe recipe is a simple recipe that everyone can make in just a few minutes. Basically, a classic sloppy joe is only made with browned ground beef, green paprika, and onion that are simmered in gravy that is made from ketchup/tomato sauce and served on buns. But now, the sauce can be substituted with Manwich, a pre-made sloppy joe sauce to make this comfort food in just 15 minutes or so.
Sloppy joe is a portion of comfort food that has rich flavors and perfect consistency and also texture. Based on a particular source, the name of this special dish derives from a cook in Sioux City, Iowa, named Joe who added ketchup to a ground meat sandwich. To enjoy this easy-to-cook dish with family, read on the Manwich sloppy joe recipe below.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 can of Manwich sloppy joe sauce
- 1 package of hamburger buns
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
To toast the hamburger buns
- Before getting started, toast the hamburger buns. It will make the buns taste different.
- Heat up a skillet and sprinkle it with vegetable oil. Once the vegetable oil is hot, add the hamburger buns on the skillet.
- Set the buns aside after all the buns are toasted.
To cook sloopy joe with Manwich
- Over medium-high heat, add olive oil and butter in a large skillet. Add the ground beef for about 5 up to 7 minutes until it becomes crumbles and no longer pink.
- Drain the cooked beef with a colander.
- Add the cooked meat to the skillet and the Manwich sauce, stir it well.
- Stir until the sauce and beef well combined over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Once the meat mixture well thickened, turn off the heat and divide the meat evenly between the hamburger buns.
How to make sloppy joe with manwich is as easy as cooking instant noodles, much less cooking it with Manwich. Besides, the sloppy joe mixture can also be frozen up to three or four months. But before storing it to the freezer, cool the meat mixture down first, transfer it to the containers, and put them all in the fridge. Whenever you want to eat it, thaw the meat in the refrigerator then reheat it before serving it with buns. That’s how to cook Manwich sloppy joe recipe for a quick and savory sandwich.