Lily’s chicken Bonefish Grill is one of the many dishes that offered at Bonefish Grill. This restaurant is founded in St. Petersburg, Florida. This particular dish itself is inspired by Lily, the daughter of Tim Curci, co-founder of the restaurant. If you want to recreate the exact taste of this meal at your home, feel free to follow the copycat bonefish grill Lily’s chicken recipe below.
For chicken cutlets:
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, halved to 4 cutlets
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly grounded pepper
For topping sauce:
- 3 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup dry sherry or dry white whine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbs fresh basil leaves, chopped
For sautéed spinach:
- 4 cups spinach, remove the stems
- 4 oz goat cheese, sliced in four pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbs olive oil
Preparing chicken cutlets:
- Cut the chicken breasts into four smaller pieces.
- Place the chicken cutlets between two plastic wraps and pound them gently until they reach ¼ inch of thickness.
- Season the cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Preheat olive oil on sauté pan with medium-high heat.
- Sauté the cutlets for 3-4 minutes until they turn into golden color. Wait and turn them over, then cook for similar time until they are thoroughly cooked.
- Take the cutlets off from pan and wrap with foil to keep the temperature warm.
Preparing topping sauce:
- Put minced garlic, lemon juice, and lemon zest on sauté pan. Cook until they turned fragrant.
- Pour broth and wine then simmer without cover for about ten minutes.
- Whisk cornstarch in, then add basil, and let it simmer until the sauce has thickened.
- Heat olive oil in separate pan. Add garlic into it and cook for a minute. Put in spinach and cook until the spinach is shrunken.
- Serve Lily’s chicken Bonefish Grill with slice of goat cheese and sautéed spinach on top of each the cutlets. Pour the topping sauce all over and you’re done.
Besides the tasty cuisine menus, Bonefish Grill offers a relaxing, lively, and fun place to visit any day of the week. However, if you feel like staying at home, the recipe of Lily’s chicken Bonefish Grill can give you a big help on preparing the perfectly cooked and delicious meal for dinner with family.