When you feel like the regular cookies are not enough, maybe it is time to try Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate chip cookies copycat recipe. The original is made from dark chocolate and molasses that are guaranteed to help with craving. It is perfect to use for a leisure snacking or food fundraiser idea because it’s just so easy to make. By using the frozen dough, you can simply create and serve the cookies in matter of minutes.
Everyone might have a favorite from numerous cookies recipes that available out there. However, as this recipe doesn’t require chilling time and unnecessary ingredients, it stands out as a simple yet delicious formula. Here is the complete Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate chip cookies recipe to follow if you are interested in making one.
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ¾ all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix baking powder and flour in small sized bowl using a whisk, then set it aside.
- Melt the vegetable shortening and butter in a pan or microwave.
- Combine vanilla, sugars, and salt in large mixing bowl. After they’re mixed well, pour the melted ingredients of butter and shortening.
- Add egg to the mixture one by one. Beat the mixture until it turns creamy.
- Add flour and beat the mixture.
- Pour the chocolate chips into the mixture.
- Put a cover over the bowl and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Prepare a baking sheet and drop the cookies in tablespoon size and make a round shape.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the cookies turn golden brown.
The best recipe of Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate chip cookies uses all-purpose flour. It is understandable if you want to substitute to healthier version such as gluten-free flour, but it will change the cookies’ texture. It might work on other recipes but fortunately not for chocolate chip cookies.
The recipe above is as basic as you can get – and that’s not entirely a bad thing because it prioritizes simplicity. Moreover, you’d be able to get creative by turning it into your own upgraded cookies. Whether you want to serve them chilled or at room temperature, it is perfect either way. It is also store and ship easily. The Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate chip cookies makes an easy and delicious daily snack with the gooey chocolate, right thickness, and slight crisp on their edges.