You will enjoy olive garden zeppoli with sweet taste and delicate sauce. It is Italian doughnut that has been the favorite for snack and breakfast. You can order and wait at home. On the other hand, making this dish is not difficult. If you know the ingredients for doughnut, the cooking instruction is quite simple and easy.
- 8 ounces chocolate, 70% bittersweet and chopped
- 1-2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4-1/2 cup honey
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 tbsps sugar
- 1-2 tsps lemon zest
- 3/4 tsp yeast, active dry (from 1 envelope)
- 3/4 tsp fine kosher or sea salt
- 2-3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes, room temperature
- Vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar
- Prepare a bowl and put chocolate.
- Prepare saucepan, and heat it at medium level. Put honey and cream then stir them slowly until it produces bubble.
- Pour this mixture over chocolate then whisk it until it looks smooth.
- Keep it in warm temperature. Cover and put aside.
- Prepare a bowl then mix a paddle, flour, milk, eggs, and the rest of ingredients, except oil and powdered sugar.
- Use stand mixer with low speed to blend them completely.
- Add butter slowly and beat it again.
- You can increase the speed for the last mixing.
- Scrap all dough and use plastic warp to cover it.
- Wait until 2 or 3 hours until the dough is firm and solid
- Create the doughnut form from the dough.
- Prepare oil for the deep fry.
- Put the dough into oil and fry them.
- Cook until it turns golden and drain the leftover oil.
- Spread the powdered sugar as the last touch.
Olive garden zeppoli combines doughnut and sauce. You can make the sauce earlier even three days before the doughnut is ready. Make sure you reheat before serving directly. Usually, you can spread the sugar over of the doughnut. For alternative, consider to use paper bag and mix both directly. After that, you can dip into the sauce and eat directly. The doughnut can be served up to three days as long as you keep on the fridge properly, and fry again for the next serving.
This doughnut zeppole recipe has balance flavor. The sugar is for sweet and delicate taste. If you feel it is too sweet, the sauce comes as alternative. Chocolate with bittersweet taste will keep the sugar in balance. It makes you feel convenience when eating olive garden zeppoli.