Eating Porto’s cheese rolls is the best thing to do in the bakery. Porto is indeed well-known for their delicious pastry and treats. You can eat anything that you want there. However, the cheese rolls are indeed the best. You can try making them at home by following this particular recipe down below. Follow them to get you the best copycat version of the pastry. The recipe is right here.
- 1 pack puff pastry rolls, thawed in room temperature
- 1 large-sized egg, cracked and separate the yolk from the white
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fine granulated sugar
- 2 packets (4 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit or 190 degrees Celsius for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar, and egg yolk. Use a balloon whisker to mix them all together until smooth and creamy.
- Lay the puff pastry and cut them into triangles.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the filling on the end of the puff pastry triangle and then roll it up into crescent roll shape.
- Place them in a lined baking tray and brush them with egg white.
- Bake them in the preheated oven for 15 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Once they are out of the oven, brush them with honey.
- Serve the Porto’s cheese rolls warm.
By making your own rolls, you do not have to worry about Porto’s cheese rolls calories as you make your own things and you can control the ingredients. You can use low-fat cream cheese or use less sugar. Everything is up to you, and you can alter the flavor, too. It will heavily depend on how sweet the pastry you want, or how it would taste for your liking.
If you have the time to make your own puff pastry, you can do it. The dough will be fresher and tastier. However, store-bought puff pastry like the one used up there is also great enough for the recipe. You can also use crescent roll dough as they are also ready in most super market.
Now that you know how to make your own rolls, there is no need to keep coming to the bakery and spend your money there. The best Porto’s cheese rolls can be made at home by following the recipe up there.