You can make donatos cauliflower crust at home with the right recipe. Cauliflower has been the alternative when you want something healthier. It is substitution for the flour and considered gluten free. You should try this one to enjoy the unique and delicious pizza.
- 400 gr head cauliflower, 1 small and trimmed the cut into florets
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- ½ tsp oregano, dried
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Olive oil
- Pizza sauce no sugar, ½ cup or more
- Shredded mozzarella, ¾ cup or more
- 2 tbsps parmesan cheese, grated
- Other toppings you like
- Prepare food processor then put the cauliflower in small amount until all of them are done.
- Prepare a medium bowl. Put cauliflower, oregano, eggs, peer, and garlic powder. Mix and stir them until they blend completely.
- Prepare baking sheet and preheat the oven. Spray oil on the sheet surface and spread evenly.
- Pour the mixture into baking sheet and use spatula to form a pizza appearance. Make sure the edges are thick and not too thin. They will burn and ruin the crust. You can keep it firm and solid.
- Bake into oven until the cauliflower turns into golden brown. The baking time is approximately 40 minutes.
- Take out of baking sheet from oven and add toppings, including cheese.
- Put it again into an oven and bake up to 2 minutes.
- Now, your pizza is ready to serve
In general, making pizza is not difficult as long as you know how to mix and bake. You can use food processor to grind the cauliflower to look like the rice. This is the key step to make donatos cauliflower crust recipe. After that, you can mix with the rest of ingredients.
The good thing about this recipe is you have many options for the toppings. In general, this pizza is dedicated for keto and gluten free diet. However, some toppings will bring different nutrients. In that case, you must consult to expert for the advice and proper donatos pizza.
One thing you must do is the crust has to be firm, especially on the edges. You only need to use one or two toppings to ensure it looks as it should be. Excessive topping will ruin the form, but the taste is still delicious. That’s what you should know about donatos cauliflower crust.