Hot cheeto mozzarella sticks have been the top choice for enjoying leisure time. This food is suitable for snack when you relax at home. The recipe is simple since you only need enough cheese sticks, eggs, hot Cheetos, and flour. Check the following section for more explanation.
- 6-8 skim mozzarella sticks
- 1 cup Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, finely crushed
- 2-3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- Put mozzarella sticks into freezer and freeze them for 2 hours. They should be solid.
- Prepare bowl and put the crushed Cheetos. Take another bowl and add eggs. In the third bowl, pour the flour.
- Take the sticks and coat them with flour then put and dip into eggs. After that, dip them again into Cheetos. Repeat again from eggs and Cheetos. Each should receive twice dipping from the sticks.
- Put them into baking tray, and bake for 8 minutes.
- Your cheese is ready, and you can add ranch dress for extra dipping when serving them.
You may add more sticks if you intend to serve for your friends and family. Hot cheeto mozzarella sticks will be ready in less than 15 minutes. However, overall cooking will spend more than two hours. It includes the waiting time until the cheese is frozen in the freezer. As alternative, you can put the mozzarella sticks in the fridge when you do not need them. It keeps the cheese in the good form.
From cooking instructions of hot Cheetos with cheese recipe, you can tell that flour is the key to make the proper coating. Without this one, you will have an issue in keeping the cheese from excess melting. You can coat all over the cheese with the flour, and use eggs to add Cheetos. In general, flour is enough for single coating. You only need to repeat twice on eggs and Cheetos. On the other hand, you may consider adding thick coat with extra layer. The cheese will have double coating to make it more solid when baking in the oven.
After coating is done, the last step is baking. You need eight minutes for baking. In general, five minutes seem enough to ensure the eggs and Cheeto solidify with the flour slowly. Add more minutes to increase heat and melt the cheese. After baking is done, you can use ranch dressing as dipping. You will see solid outer and smooth filling in the hot cheeto mozzarella sticks.