Clabbered milk is one of the best dairy twists you can eat. Clabbering milk means that you ferment the milk until it becomes thick and creamy, just like yogurt. You can do the method using any acidic ingredients that you like such as with lemon juice or with vinegar. Here is the best recipe of the processed milk that you can do easily at home.
- 1 quart milk, leave in room temperature
- 1 tablespoon yogurt, leave in room temperature
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Prepare a large container with lid and clean it up properly.
- Into the container, pour the milk.
- Add in lemon juice and yogurt. Stir the mixture well.
- Put on the lid and then shake the container vigorously for a minute or two.
- Place the container on a warm place (preferably on a kitchen counter) and leave it on for at least 2 days.
- Once thick, yogurt-like curds form on the top part of the container, the clabbered milk is ready to use.
As stated before, you can clabber the milk using any acidic material. The recipe uses lemon juice. However, if you want to use vinegar, you can easily do so. How to clabber milk with vinegar? Simply follow the recipe above and substitute the same amount of lemon juice with vinegar. The result will be exactly the same.
Consuming fermented milk will give your family such great benefits. Fermented milk has a lot of nutrition, and basically they have enhanced calcium as well, allowing you to get better supplies for the teeth and bones. They are so beneficial for kids or teens in their growing process. Let them consume the fermented milk to get proper supply of calcium.
Also, this milk is great for diet. So, if you are in the middle of losing weight process, consuming the milk will help to keep you full while enhancing the metabolism system. You will lose your weight in no time at all.
That is basically the recipe to make the dairy food. You can do it so easily in just under 10 minutes. The fermented milk will last in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks or so. By making your own milk, you do not have to buy it in the store, and your clabbered milk is probably tasted better as you can control the ingredients, too.