When you love having bolognese with tasty sauce, you may try making marcella hazan bolognese sauce. This will be nice dish to serve in your house, and surely your family will love it. Most of the menus made by Marcella Hazan is always special, so you do not need to worry. For the details of ingredients and cooking instructions, you can check the details below.
- 1 pound of pasta
- ¾ ground beef chuck
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Whole nutmeg
- 2/3 cup celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon butter for the pasta later
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2/3 cup carrot, chopped or cubed
- 1½ cups canned plum tomatoes
- Black pepper
- Prepare a pot and put the chopped onion, butter, and also oil in it. Use the medium heat to set the pot.
- Cook them well until the onion becomes translucent, and then continue the step by adding chopped celery and carrot.
- Cook them together for around 2 minutes. Keep stirring while cooking them to make sure that all ingredients are cooked evenly, especially the vegetables.
- Add the ground beef. Do not forget the salt and black pepper for the taste.
- Get a fork to crumble the beef, and then stir them well until the beef no longer shows the red color.
- Add the milk and simmer it gently. After some bubbles appear, add the nutmeg and continue stirring them.
- Pour the wine and simmer it. Once the wine evaporates, add the tomatoes and stir all of the ingredients to get them mixed well.
- Once the bubbles appear again, turn the heat to very low and continue cooking it for around one to two hours.
- Add the pasta and the prepared butter. Stir them together.
- Serve the pasta with the cheese.
This marcella hazan bolognese sauce recipe surely has some ingredients to prepare. This needs good attention since there are also some steps to follow. However, it will not be big problem as long as you keep the instruction.
In this case, it is very important to pay attention to the bubbles. Both milk and wine should get special attention since overheat will not give you good taste. Then, you also need to use low heat to let the marcella hazan bolognese sauce simmer and get the texture.
During the long duration of heating the sauce, you may need to add some water when the liquid starts to drain a lot. However, your sauce should not have too much water in the end of the process. That is why you should keep checking to make sure that you get best result of marcella hazan bolognese sauce. .