If you are doing the keto diet or having a strong enthusiasm for eating healthily, you can hit Aldi’s place for l’oven fresh zero net carb bread. Known as a place that offers you various healthy food and groceries, Aldi is making their keto-friendly bread. With their claim of replacing high carbs with high fiber ingredients, this bread is just perfect for those keto-eaters who cannot go a day without having bread. However, although they have quite massively produced loaves of bread, it seems like the stores are always running out of it. Well, on the other hand, we can make the replica, too.
L’oven fresh zero net carb bread ingredients are just similar to other bread ingredients. It is mentioned that the bread is made of wheat starch and its protein isolate, water, soybean oil, wheat bran, veggie oil, oat fiber, salt, and some kinds of preservatives. But, just like other companies, no one will likely share the exact l’oven fresh zero net carb bread recipe. No worry, just relax and the explanation below will inspire to make your keto-friendly bread, too.
- 60 grams of psyllium husk powder
- 40 grams of brown/golden flaxseed
- 33 grams of pumpkin/sesame seeds
- 5 eggs (for vegans, you can change the eggs by combining 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and 3 tablespoons of plain water)
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 100 ml almond milk/water
- Salt to taste
- Mix all of the dry ingredients (flaxseed, psyllium husk powder, pumpkin/sesame seeds, and salt) in one large bowl.
- Beat 5 eggs and add them to the bowl.
- Pour 100 ml of almond milk or water. The former ingredient is much preferable because it will give a richer taste.
- Mix all of the ingredients with your mixer. You can also knead the dough with a clean hand.
- Prepare your metal loafer. Cover each side with baking paper and spray some oil to make it non-sticky.
- Preheat the oven to 160oC
- Then, transfer the dough to the loafer.
- Lastly, put the loafer inside the oven. Bake it around 55-60 minutes.
Well, it’s done! Now you can eat the plain bread or combining it with other ingredients. The bread is nice for those looking for a less-carb and sugar-free food source. So, if you’re struggling with diabetes or obesity, making this kind of bread will help you to reduce your cravings for bread. Lastly, if you want to make the color of the bread lighter, choose golden flaxseed as your ingredient; while making the darker bread color will require you the vice versa. That’s it, now you know how to make the copycat of l’oven fresh zero net carb bread.