You may like Philly cheesesteak genos and want to try it again the next time. This food is special cuisine in Philadelphia. If you do not live in this state, it is good to know the recipe. Well, you can try the cheesesteak recipe at the following section. Let’s check the ingredients and making instructions below.
- 4 tbsp canola oil , divided
- 2 onions , large and sliced thinly
- 24 ounces or more rib eye , sliced
- Cheez Whiz, 6 ounces
- 4 crusty toasted Sub Rolls , Amoroso is preferable
- Fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt
- Mayonnaise on bottom of bun to taste
- Prepare iron skilled then put canola oil and onions.
- Cook them until they turn into yellow. Keep your eyes on them and avoid making onion brown.
- Add pepper and salt then stir for a while.
- Take them out and put aside.
- Prepare a pan and put oil.
- Add salt and pepper into the beef.
- Fry in the pan and keep both sides browned.
- Add onions and mix with the beef.
- Prepare microwave bowl and put the Cheez Whiz. Heat and melt them.
- Add the beef and onion into the bowl and roll them.
You can use only three tablespoons of oil in the first step cooking. That amount is enough to make the onion turn into yellow, but not brown. You may do not want the texture too crisp. More onions are preferable for Philly cheesesteak genos based on your personal taste and preference.
This recipe uses the rib eye as the main ingredients. On the other hand, you are free to pick any kind of beef. Sometimes, people try with pork, venison, even chicken and turkey. Of course, the result is no longer cheesesteak but you can try some ideas for variations. The beef is sliced as thin as possible. If you cannot find the right one, buy the thin beef product on the market directly. It can shorten your effort when making this pepper cheesesteak genos. One useful tip is to put the beef on the freezer for 3 hours to make slicing easily.
The prep time is less than one hour if the beef is ready. You can cook it with common tools and utensils. Philly cheesesteak genos is the right recipe for quick breakfast, lunch, even suitable for dinner.