Danish Kringle Trader Joe’s is one of the most favorite foods in O&H Danish bakery. Each Kringle costs for $7.99 and $20.99 including the shipping payment. It tastes good and sweet, so eating it will be enough to boost your mood in a bad day. Well, Kringle is a kind of pastry that’s originated in Denmark. You will take 1 hour for prep time, and at least 20 minutes for cooking time.
- Danish Kringle:
– 1 package of active dry yeast
– Warm water (based on the needs)
– ½ cold butter
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– ½ teaspoon of salt
– ½ tablespoon of sugar
– ½ cup warmed milk
– 1 egg (it will be great to have beaten egg)
– You can use anything as filling ingredients, but here I will make Nut and Chocolate as filling flavor.
– 1 ½ cups of walnuts
– 4 square part of chocolate bar (melt them in the medium heat)
– ¾ cup butter
- Glaze Recipe:
– 1 cup of powdered sugar
– 4 to 5 teaspoon water
– ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Dissolve active dry yeast in warm water.
- Prepare a large bowl, put the flour and salt then cut the butter until their particles are size of small peas.
- Add yeast, warm milk, beaten egg and sugar. Mix them until smooth. Cover them and put in the refrigerator at least 2 hours. Don’t put them more than 24 hours because it can break the texture.
- After 2 hours, punch the dough down and divide it into half. Roll one half into rectangle. The size is up to your taste. You can have it to ½ inch thick. If the dough gets warmer, return to refrigerator.
- Prepare the filling by combining walnuts, brown sugar and butter. Then mix them well.
- Spread prepared the nut filling down the center of the dough in 2-inch strip. Overlapping it and pinch the edges to seal it better.
- Cover the dough and let it rise in warm place for 30 minutes until it changes into double size. Then, put it in to the oven with 375 degrees F.
- Wait for 20 minutes until the color changes into golden brown. After that, remove it from the oven, and cool it for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the glaze by combining powdered sugar, water and vanilla. Spread prepared glaze to the Danish Kringle Trader Joe’s. You can add walnuts on the top of Kringle. Serve it warm.
Since it might be tasty and sweet, some people keep asking how many calories on Kringle. Based on research, Danish Kringle Trader Joe’s calories contain 180 calories in 1 ½ Kringle served. Therefore, make sure you have checked your needs before eating homemade Danish Kringle Trader Joe’s.