Another burger restaurant, Burgerfi is having its amazing Burgerfi Veggie Burger. With its quick prep, who doesn’t love burgers? The oozing grease of burgers, that melting cheese, fresh veggies – all combined in one bite! Interestingly, the fuse of vegan style and the burger essentials are perfect to satiate people’s craving for vegan-friendly burger.
What that seems to be meaty, in this burger, it is all made by plant ingredients. Don’t ask more for the taste because people love it to the last bit. How these people in Burgerfi made the vegan dream comes to reality? Below is the remake of the Burgerfi Veggie Burger, let’s check it out.
- 1 medium-sized carrot (diced)
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup of green lentils
- 4 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup of quinoa
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups of button mushrooms (250 grams)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of onion/garlic powder
- 2 flax eggs (made by 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds and combined with 6 tablespoons of water)
- 2 tablespoons of red wine
- 1.5 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 cups of panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup of vegetarian cheese
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
Prepping the carrot and lentils
Prepare enough water to boil these ingredients in a pan. Then, after picking the clean lentils, boil the lentils along with the diced carrot. Add a bay leaf to boil. Then, set it to simmer by lowering the heat. You need to cook for approximately 30 minutes or until the lentils can be squished gently. Drain the lentils, carrot, and bay leaf; put aside.
Prepping the quinoa
Warm ½ tablespoon of olive oil, then cook the quinoa over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup of water and 1/8 tablespoons of kosher salt. Cook for another 10 minutes. Transfer the fried-quinoa to your bowl.
- Sauté the onion until it turns translucent then add minced garlic. Add kosher salt (a pinch) and the wine. Put on extra heat after the liquid is half-gone. Put aside.
- In the pan, preheat the butter on medium heat until it sizzles. Then stir-fry your sliced mushrooms until it browns.
- Using a food processor, mix all of those ingredients, including cheese.
- Prepare a mixing bowl. Put flax eggs, panko, lemon juice, garlic/onion powder, and a bit kosher salt. Then, add the processed ingredients and combine evenly.
- Form the burger to whatever thickness you like. To get 12 patties, it’s recommended to make it into ½ inch tall x 3 inches diameter. After that, you can fry the patties or cool it for later use.
The ingredient is quite many, isn’t it? Don’t worry, this Burgerfi veggie burger recipe is made for 12 servings. So, you can save the burger for later consumption. Let’s proceed to the procedures.
After you fry/grill the patty, serve it along with tomato and onion slices, lettuce leaves, and buns. Some layers of special sauce will also enhance the flavor of this Burgerfi veggie burger.