If you’re craving for some snacks, another interesting recipe to try is the chicken samosas Cheesecake Factory. Samosa itself is a snack widely known in the South Asian subcontinent, including South-east and south-west Asian countries. Now, we are talking about chicken samosas by The Cheesecake Factory. It is relatively easy to make its homemade replica. This time, the recipe will cover chicken samosa with cilantro yogurt dipping, a perfect rival for those samosas from Cheesecake Factory!
- 1 pound minced chicken breasts
- Samosa wrappers
- 1½ tablespoons of cumin seeds (whole)
- 1 cup of diced onion
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons of grounded coriander
- 1 cup chopped red tomatoes
- Cayenne pepper and turmeric powder (1/2 tablespoon each)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional, only to taste)
- 1 tablespoon tamarind concentrate
- Sliced green chilis
- Frying oil
- ¾ cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 cup of cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- For the first step to make chicken samosas Cheesecake Factory, preheat the pan/skillet with medium heat. Put the cumin seeds and toast the seeds until fragrant. Grind after cooling.
- Making samosas:
- Add oil to the skillet, set it into medium heat. Then, stir fry the onion until it becomes translucent and fragrant.
- Add both ginger and garlic and continue the cooking for one more minute. Next, add coriander, remained ground cumin, and cayenne to cook. Stir it well.
- Add tomatoes, cook until they break down. Then, pour tamarind water. Stir it well.
- Put the minced chicken now. Mix it well with other ingredients and wait until the meat is perfectly cooked. Do some seasoning according to your preferred taste.
- Wrapping the samosa:
- Prepare the samosa wrappers and set so that the shorter side is facing you.
- Fold the bottom right corner over, making a triangle fold by connecting the corner with the crossing side. Then using a flour paste, seal the space beneath the front fold layer. Gently press both the diagonal fold and the seal to ensure it has been sealed well.
- Fold once more by following by flipping the wrapper vertically. Seal the left side with flour paste.
- Put the filling inside the ‘cone’ you’ve made. Don’t make it too full because it may disturb you while wrapping.
- Once it’s done, proceed to fold along the edges and seal the end of the wrapper. Repeat with the remaining filling and wrappers.
- Deep-fry your samosas.
- Making the dip:
- Process the cilantro leaves until chopped coarsely. Transfer to a bowl.
- Mix it with yogurt, lemon juice, sugar, and half-teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Season the dip with pepper, sugar, and salt.
That’s it. The snack is perfect as your hors d’oeuvres choice, so the recipe will be worth-trying. It is relatively easy and doesn’t require much time to prepare. Now, it’s your turn to make your chicken samosas Cheesecake Factory!