If you want to have special menu in the breakfast, tater tot breakfast casserole with bacon and sausage can be the nice option. Breakfast casserole always gets great attention since it never fails to raise the appetite and people always love to enjoy the taste. Moreover, there are bacon and sausage that will make the dish more special. Surely, it is going to be the perfect menu. However, it is not a simple and easy task to make since it may take time. Yet, you have nothing to worry since you will get the complete ingredients and cooking instructions.
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 6 slices bacons, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces frozen tater tots
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 4 ounces green chilies, diced.
- Get all ingredients of tater tot breakfast casserole with bacon and sausage recipe ready.
- Preheat your oven in the temperature of 350 degrees.
- Get a baking dish and use nonstick spray on the dish before using it.
- Take skillet and set medium heat to cook the sausage on it. Do not forget to stir the sausage up until t is fully cooked. Let the grease drained.
- Cook the bacon with the skillet. Stir the bacon often and make them crisp. After that, add the bacon on the sausage.
- Add also the shredded cheese. Sprinkle it above the sausage and bacon.
- Get a mixture bowl and mix the chilies, pepper, eggs, salt, and milk. After it is fully mixed, pour them into the casserole.
- After that, arrange the tater tots and create single layer with the tots on the egg mixture.
- Bake this for around 45 minutes. Take it once the eggs are fully set.
- Add more chives before serving the dish.
Actually, making tater tot breakfast casserole with bacon and sausage is not fully difficult. It is true that there are ingredients and long steps to do. However, these steps are quite clear to follow and you will not have serious problems.
Regarding the long process, actually you can prepare the ingredients in advance and store them in covered state in the refrigerator. It can be cooked later in the morning. In serving the dish, you can have some additional menu to make it perfect. In this case, you can have bread muffins. Waffle may also become the easy and simple alternative to be served with tater tot breakfast casserole with bacon and sausage.