This is the recipe you can follow to make taco casserole with Bisquick. There is no need to make your own biscuit dough as Bisquick is always there for you. The mix is just good to go and all you have to do is just adding some other ingredients for the mix. To make the dish, read this recipe over here carefully:
- 2 packs Biquick Mix (Original)
- 1/2 lbs bacon slices, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef, chilled in room temperature
- 1 pack taco seasoning powder
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed properly
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided into 2 parts
- 1 cup plain milk, leave in room temperature
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder, divide into 2 parts
- 2 large-sized eggs, beaten
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 can kernel corn, drained and rinsed properly
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start making taco casserole with Bisquick by preheating oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit (160 Degrees Celsius) for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high-heat. Cook the chopped bacon until nice and crisp. Transfer the bacon into a bowl, leaving the bacon fat only on the skillet.
- Cook onion on the same skillet using the bacon fat until the chopped onion is soft and cooked. Then, add ground beef and a little bit of olive oil to prevent the beef from getting to dry.
- Add in garlic powder and taco seasoning. Mix well. When the beef is almost done, add in tomato sauce and black beans. Cook for 15 minutes. After that, add in the kernel corns and the bacon bits. Turn off the heat and set it aside.
- Now, let’s make the Bisquick mix. In a large bowl, add in beaten egg, garlic powder and milk. Then, add in the Bisquick mix. Use mixer to beat them until no lumps ate visible. Set aside.
- Prepare a casserole dish that you have sprayed using cooking oil previously. Then, pour in the beef mixture. Spread them evenly on the dish and then top them off with 1 part of the cheese.
- Pour in the Bisquick mix on the top of the beef and cheese layer. When they are done, sprinkle the rest of the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes and the easy taco bake is done.
The dish is great to be served with traditional taco condiments, such as sour cream, tomato and some onions. However, the taco casserole with Bisquick can be served with any other side dishes that you like.