Making Dorito casserole with Rotel in your own kitchen is probably something anyone can do. Basically in this recipe, everything comes from can and package. That is why it is so easy to make the dish. All you have to do is just preparing some cans of soups and some Doritos that you have in your pantry. Here is the full recipe for anyone to follow.
- 1 lb ground beef, chilled in room temperature
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 bag plain Doritos, crushed
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large-sized white onion, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 160 degrees Celsius for at least 10 minutes.
- To cook the Dorito casserole with Rotel, you need a cream mixture. You can make it easily by mixing together 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup with 1 1/2 cup water and the chopped tomato from Rotel in a large bowl.
- Bring the mixture to boil and the set aside.
- On a non-stick skillet, heat a tablespoon olive oil and then add in the chopped white onion. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Then, add in ground beef. Cook the ground beef until brown and then season it with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, start by preparing a casserole dish. Spray the dish with non-stick spray or just spread olive oil on the inside.
- Add a layer of crushed Doritos on the bottom, followed by ground beef mixture and then the soup mixture and then the grated cheddar cheese.
- Repeat the layering process until the casserole dish is full and then top it off with a lot of cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- The dish is ready to serve.
This layered Dorito casserole can be made using any types of protein that you like. If you do not like beef or do not eat one, you can simply replace the beef with chicken or turkey. You are allowed, too, to use some pork or even vegetarian protein in this recipe.
Serve the dish with some fresh, green salad and the casserole will be perfect for dinner. The recipe is so easy and anyone can certainly make a Dorito casserole with Rotel in their own kitchen for dinner every day.